Spoony Bard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@number2 How does google work?

2 posters

Go down

@number2 How does google work?  Empty @number2 How does google work?

Post  blackturbokitty Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Hey number2, I thought you would know how google works since you have said some things about it. Could you post some tips on geting your site listed on google or could you post some useful links for our users to explore? It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

blackturbokitty
Admin

http://realmofeternalboredom.atwebpages.com

Back to top Go down

@number2 How does google work?  Empty Re: @number2 How does google work?

Post  number2 Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:15 am

Well take this all with a grain of salt as i've never been able to get any of my websites out of google's basement. Like you I am starting to wonder if my host has been blacklisted. Also i've been creating a lot of websites with subdomains, so I wonder if google looks badly on this.

As far as I know it really all comes down to quality of keyword rich content and quality of sites that have linked back to you.

Keyword rich content must strike the perfect balance between keyword density and content that is meant to be interesting and informative to your visitors. I believe there are penalties for keyword stuffing, not to mention it sounds like a blatant advertising ploy to your visitors. In general content located at the top of the source code is rated higher and it may help to have a domain name with keywords in it.

Getting links back to you from other related sites is also important. However keep in mind that all back links are not created equal. Getting links from sites that are not related to the content of your site will not do you any good. Signing up for forums where you can post a link back to your site, commenting on blogs and submitting articles to article directories are all ways to get some quality backlinks.

Sorry that's all I know and from what i've heard google has recently changed their search algorithms so who knows really? Anybody out there with any ideas?

number2

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum